Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Allow me to explain myself


I have a tat...jk

It makes no sense because it comes from no where, but in my mind it works just fine.  

The summer before leaving for college my best friend Cara and I were getting ready to leave for school.  She was going to be at the University of Oregon, and I was going to be at SMU.  We were nostalgic about all of our time together in high school, and were nervous not to have each other to rely on.  It is so much easier to have good friends than to go it alone.  Always having someone to back you up, or to cry to on the phone.  

Well Cara and I both got computers as our graduation gift, and sat on my back porch the night before I left for Texas.  We were curled up in blankets in the chilly Seattle evening with our laptops laughing hysterically.  We came up with the idea of making a screen name that we wouldn't give to anyone else, like a secret code that we needed to talk.  Half in tears, half laughing hysterically we came up with these names.  Hers was, youreacowjk, and mine ihaveatatjk.  Sure it doesn't really mean much to anyone else.  But to me it means sitting on the back porch with my best friend laughing, and ensuring that no matter what we were never too far apart.   



No comments:

Post a Comment