Saturday, December 5, 2009

I think that's stupid

I can't stand it when people say they are “finding themselves.” HELLO! You are right there!


It's a cliché and it's a trap. I don't understand people who skydive, or get a tattoo to define themselves. I have been told by more than one person that everyone needs to do these things, that it is life changing. As though people say if I go skydiving, then I will be myself. YOU ARE YOURSELF. Thinking that you need outside sources to be 'yourself' is a trap. You will constantly be looking to outside things to define yourself. Looking right past the only source you really need, your own mind.


Look in not out for yourself. If you have to look out for god's sake be more creative than going skydiving. I'm so over that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment