Monday, December 7, 2009

Julie and Julia


I followed the blog, I read the book, I saw it in theaters.

Now it's coming out on video. I swear these are happy tears!

There are certain people who touch the entire world with their charm. That have a magnetism that is undeniable. Julia Child was one of those people.

The movie Julie and Julia while it received moderate reviews from critics, left me in movie after glow for days. I felt I had found a kindred spirit, in a woman I had been watching on TV since my childhood was finally brought to me in a whole new light. I felt I could understand her. She was vulnerable, and yet so strong in her convictions.

She is an inspiration to all people who know exactly what they want for themselves but are too afraid to do it, in her words, "Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it."

She was graceful, charming, poetic, and fearless. I would feel lucky to be like her.

Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment