Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cosmo, the bible?

While home for Thanksgiving I ran into my brother's high school ex-girlfriend at the grocery store...awkward! It shouldn't have been seeing as they have both graduated form college now, but there is a particular reason why the break-up was so brutal.


They had been dating for two years, and things were getting serious. They went to college together, they had the same friends and were inseparable. This is when the chick breaks up with my brother because she said she took a quiz in COSMO that said their relationship was unhealthy.


I know blows your mind right? Why is it that people can be so stupid. I mean come on honey even if you did read it in Cosmo don't tell him you did! We have all read it, and the articles are spookily true. The thing that bothers me is that its all about manipulating guys to get what you want.


I read an article once titled, “make him fall in love with you.” I laughed at it but remembered the points, and decided to try it out when I went out with my friends that night. It said to wear something soft, whisper something in his ear, touch his arm when you talk to him, play with your hair a lot, and then point your head down, and look up at him when you are talking to him. That night, I wore a silky dress, and caught the eye of a guy I had met before. It was really loud so I talked right in his ear, and gave him a quick hug. He immediately asked if I wanted a drink, I tossed my hair back thinking how easy this was. I followed the other steps to a T, we danced, and left the bar holding hands and exchanging numbers.


The next day I woke up feeling terrible. It's nice to get attention from a guy but under what guise? I don't want to manipulate a guy into liking me, and I don't want to toy around with guys like that either. Boys are not playthings, and girls aren't silky hair flippers. What I mean to say is stop messing around. Cosmo is a magazine, people are people, with real feelings and emotions. If you like someone then tell them, and if you don't then tell them, but cut the crap. Stop hiding behind tricky manipulation and treat people with kindness.


No comments:

Post a Comment