Monday, December 7, 2009

Sweet tea gone sour.


So there I am sitting at my little table drinking copious amounts of sweet tea to keep my up through the night writing my fifteen page paper, that I swear I had no other time to do other than the night before.

Its five a.m. and I'm feeling relatively good. I have 12 pages done and four hours to write the last three. I get up and talk to some of my friends that are leaving for the daily update, and tell them how optimistic I'm feeling. "Once I conclude and cite all my sources I'll be good!" I say.

Then it happened.

I sat back down to my computer and while reading my paper closely reach for my sweet tea and then. I can hardly say it. I dropped my cup onto my laptop.

curses
tears
yelling
hyperventilating

I propped that baby upside down on the couch and paper toweled it off as much as possible. I grabbed my hair dryer and pointed it into the keys. Then I prayed, then I slept next to it on the couch for two hours, staring blankly at that little piece of technology that means so much to me and to my future.

I thought to myself that at the end of the day no one will ask you about what you went through during school. No one will know that you worked diligently for hours on you paper just to see it sucked into cyber space in a flash. We are so reliant on technology, and yet technology has no regard for anything that goes on in our lives.

I am doing my best to abide by this wise saying...


No comments:

Post a Comment