Friday, December 4, 2009

Business Proposition


Pre-going-out pic


My birthday is on halloween. Which means two things; number one, halloween is my favorite holiday of the year, number two, I am allowed to dress up as a birthday cake and its not weird. This year being my 21st I was absolutely prepared to pull out all the stops. I found a costume online that had a PINK SPARKLY cake skirt. I of course ordered it weeks in advance and left its rediculous foamy sparkly fabulousness out in my room for three weeks leading up to halloween to the nauseum of my roommates. Disappointed by the accessories that came with this costume I set out to find something better. I was telling one of my friends about my costume and she non chalantly said “you should put like candles on your head or something.” But I am not the kind of girl who is just going to stick some piddly little candles on my head and call it a day, no. I proceeded to craft the cutest non-cliche tiara, birthday head piece I have ever seen.

Ingredients:

Headband

Styrofoam

Two colors of felt

Pipe-cleaners or other decorations

Appropriately numbered birthday candles

Rhinestones

Really, really strong glue.

Directions:

I cut two circles out of the styrofoam blocks one a little smaller than the other. Then I covered them in felt and decorated them, and glued them together to look like a little cake. I attached them to a headband and allowed it to set for a couple of hours. Meanwhile I covered those little candles in glue and rhinestones and then glued them on top of the cake.

After completing this project and was about to head out for the night, I realized that I had just covered two CANDLES in FLAMABLE glue. Damn. Not willing to relinquish my sparkly accessory in the name of potential fire hazard I remained determined to remain coherent enough to make sure that no one successfully put fire to those little wicks. Well, turns out that if you set something out that strongly in your mind you will stick to it no matter how intoxicated you are. Crisis averted, I got tons of compliments, and am considering making them, and selling them online.

Funny things that happened on my 21st:

  1. We shot the neighbors with vodka water guns.

  2. I got bitten by a vampire.

  3. I lost all my friends, but they found me dancing on a stage

No comments:

Post a Comment