Saturday, December 5, 2009

Murray Street Coffee shop, the hunt continues






Despite the warnings from overly cautious friends not to go to Deep Ellum, I ventured out of our SMU brick bubble recently to check out Murray Street Coffee shop.  

I felt like I had stepped into Capitol Hill in Seattle.  Allow me to explain.  Good quality espresso+funky staff+cool art+interesting architecture+different music=Seattle.  Murray Street coffee shop is definitely all of that with a cool mix of people too.  There were moms, and business men, artists, and hippie/hipsters, all in one place!  Besides that the coffee was delicious, and they have lunch items, AND they serve booze.  Sounds like a perfect place to post up for studying starting with coffee and capping off with a cold beer. It was a great find I will definitely be going back.

I am left with this thought, what is it about certain places that attract chains, and other thats attract independent restaurants?  Dallas!  Why is it that you feel that chains are a sign of success??  Bigger is not always better!  Maybe I am a Seattle girl at heart, because when I start my restaurant there will be one and only one, and any improvements will be only to the original.


No comments:

Post a Comment